Half Way There!
You are most likely feeling confident in your skills as a guitarist at this point. We have been down this path, understand the work and commitment necessary to achieve this level of expertise and applaud your perseverance. We still have the rest of the neck to conquer so, take a deep breath, regroup and let's get back to work!
Maestro Melody Level Five:
- In 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th positions utilizing all skills, 12 keys and relative minors, fingerings, scales, chords, and arpeggios
- Learn Songs utilizing realized keys
- Left and right hand coordination and synchronization
- Alternate picking
- Strumming techniques
- Finding most efficient position when learning a new song
- All Major and relative minor chords in above positions
- Adding color tones to all keys in above positions
- Listening to and playing back what you hear
- Writing what you hear
- Recognizing chord progressions and voicings
- Writing music
- Songwriting including melody, chords and lyrics (lyrics if applicable)
At the end of this level the student will know where to find, understand and be able to play in all 12 keys through the 7th position; utilizing leads, chords and deepen understand of the guitar neck.